Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Great Thing I Did on July 14, 2012

I just want the world to know, that this metastatic breast cancer patient took her Girl Scout troop camping and hiked over three miles!  I almost "died", but thanks to my girls, my brother, nephew, sister-in-law, and mom, I  triumphed over cancer at least for this one weekend!


This was the most horrible hike ever!  It was a 45 minute hike that took me two hours!  Families passed us on their way up to a waterfall, played there, and then passed us on their return back - all while my group was still on the way up.  I cried 2/3 of the way there, sure I would never make it.  And, that was only one way!


But, I did!  This picture is shortly after I burst into tears (for the second time), but these tears were triumphant, for I had reached the treasure, the beautiful waterfall - the second largest in Southern California!


My troop (the one in the glasses is my daughter), and my brother and nephew (Boy Scouts), who made the trip possible.  Thank you, everyone!


And, believe it or not, I am planning a return trip in a couple weeks.  Minus the hike.  This time, I will play in the nearby creek and be just fine with that!




1 comment:

  1. You're a great woman, Laura! I really mean it. Kisses from Europe

    ReplyDelete